Fridays are review days. I may be reviewing different products, books, recipes, movies, etc. I purchase everything myself and I do not get compensated in any way for my reviews. They are just my honest opinions. Today I am reviewing some skin and hair care products.
- Simple Micellar Water-I bought this at CVS and I love it! I use it throughout the day if I’m not wearing makeup and I get hot and sweaty. I also use it every morning to take off the products that I used the night before. It is refreshing and preps my face for sunscreen or sunscreen and makeup if I’m wearing any that day. I’ve already purchased a second bottle, so this is a definite Fave❤️❤️❤️❤️
- Kueshi Toner-This came in my January 2015 Glossy Box. Another love! I use this after cleansing and before serum and moisturizer. I love the way it feels on my face. I have quite a few toners from different boxes to get through, but I can definitely see myself repurchasing this one day. Fave❤️❤️❤️❤️
- Flora-py Deep Hydration Mask-From the November 2015 Glossy Box. My skin is very dry. I was really looking forward to this mask. I usually love sheet masks. But this one did fit my face at all. I had a hard time getting it to stay on. And once I removed it and rubbed the remaining essence in as instructed, I really couldn’t tell any difference at all. I would consider this a Flop. ❤️
- Simple Ultra Light Gel Moisturizer-This came in the Birch above CEW Mass Appeal Box. I wanted to love this moisturizer because Simple Micellar Water is what I’d consider a holy grail product for me. But I didn’t like it. I didn’t like the consistency, the scent or the way it left my face feeling so dry. I felt like I needed a moisturizer on top of this. I got half way through this deluxe sample before I simply couldn’t stand it anymore. Into the trash it went. This might be good for someone with oily skin. But that’s not me. I actually have another deluxe sample of this, but I will be passing it on to someone with a different skin type who will appreciate more than I did. Flop ❤️
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Pads-This came in the January 2016 Target Refresh Beauty Box. I knew I couldn’t use this on my face (darn that dry skin again!), but I decided to try it a different way. Ever since I began menopause (how I hate that word), my upper arms have what feels like “chicken skin” or like I have goose bumps all of the time because I’m cold. Trust me and my hundred damn hot flashes per day when I say that I am not cold. So I thought I’d try these pads outs on my arms! They remind me of the Stridex Pads that I used as a teenager. This sample only had 5 pads, but I think it may actually be working!! I have another sample jar that I am using right now. If I do seem to notice a difference, I am for sure going to run to Target and buy a full jar of these babies. So, for now I’m not sure if they are a Fave or a Flop, but I will let you know more when I finish the second jar. ❓❓
- Beauty Protector Shampoo-I got this sample from a Birch Box last year. I must admit that I fell in love with it. I did not want to. This stuff is expensive! But I have never used a shampoo that smelled so good. And the scent stayed until the next washing. I could not quit smelling my hair and I knew that I would have to purchase a full size. So I waited until I accumulated enough points (Birch Box has the very best point system ever!) and I bought the shampoo. And the conditioner. And the leave in heat protector spray. And now my hair smells amazing all of the time! Fave for sure! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
That’s all for this week. I have been getting a kick out of trying products that I wouldn’t normally buy. What have you used up or just thrown out because it simply didn’t work? Have a great weekend!